Sunday, July 26, 2009

More No Fly!

You have to give these Nepali bureauracrats credit. They are really good at this. It is SUN at 1245 lcl. Additional info has come to light. I misinterpreted (a common occurrence) the reason for the paperwork shuffle. The school Certificate of Airworthiness (CoA) was what was up for renewal, not that of the aircraft. Language issues like this are common. The Ministry is holding out their hands for $$$ and Shivani Air management (to their credit) is refusing. So, that is where we find ourselves. A perfectly good business is grounded because it won't pay bribe $$$. I am told MON & TUE will be no fly. That may be optimistic. We shall see.

Meanwhile, I decided to take holiday and travel to Pokhara on SAT. This is no small undertaking. Driving a motorcycle on this road is not for the timid. Bharatpur to Pokhara took ME @ 4 1/2 hrs. I am very slow and, hopefully, safer. The road for the first 1/2 was not so good. The 2nd 1/2 was not all bad. I made it with only one close call! I have bought a mask (surgical type), not due to Swine Flu but to try to avoid some of the dust and fumes from the road. It can be overwhelming. SAT evening, the Monsoon hit and, unlike the scattered intermittent showers of Bharatpur, the rain is constant and heavy here. It has not stopped and this will make travel difficult!!

I remember little of my visit here in 1973. Having the motorcycle makes it a whole different experience. Pokhara is a pleasant enough place, at least the tourist part at Lakeside, where I am staying. The rest of the town is the usual er... stuff! I do recall the views of the peaks to the North but due to rain, I have seen nothing. I thought I was bored in Bharatpur but, due to WX, I am equally bored here!

I will try to get some pics and upload them, when/if I return to Bharatpur.

No comments: