That's right! Cows are considered sacred and far exceed the value of humans. I was reminded of this today when, in the middle of a Katmandu traffic jam, a cow decided to wander by. I didn't have the camera so I missed the shot. But there will be others. Cows go ANYWHERE, ANYTIME unfettered. Many years ago, I saw a very stupid man try to push a cow out of the way and a crowd set upon him and beat the daylights out of him.
Anyhow, the news of the day. No strike today. I won't report on the electricity because right after sending yesterday's post, it went out. So, no jinx today. I went to Shivani Air corporate office to meet and greet. Including the two top officers, there are 3 or 4 others doing operational dispatch work and and 2 others doing clerical type stuff. Continental Airlines was an easier interview.
Tomorrow, I will go to CAAN (Civil Aviation Authority Nepal) to obtain my Nepal Pilot Certificates. At least, that is the plan. HAH! We shall see.
If all goes well, on THU perhaps I will journey to Bharakpur to the airport. Then I will study and learn all the Nepali Aviation rules. I wonder what they can do to me if I violate the rules?
Just to simplify things, the Monsoon has arrived. Officially, it is scheduled to commence JUN 1, yesterday. Sure enough, no precip until yesterday & today. Clockwork. But, I will say that it drops the temp to a more welcome number.
Probably no pics till I get to Bhatakpur. Oh well. Some sharp eyes out there may notice the different spellings I have used for the location of the flight school facility. I have seen so many different spelling (sometimes referring to another city) that I have given up. I spell it like I see it at the moment.
Just learned of the Air France accident. That will be a difficult investigation.
I recommend to all, if you have not already, set up Google Dashboard. It will make accessing this, and all other Google blogs you wish to follow, SO much easier!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment