Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Finally

Meet Ramesh. He is the VP of Safety and Regulatory Compliance for Shivani Air here in Katmandu. When he first described his duties to me, I immediately bestowed this title upon him. Today, he summoned me to the Ministry of Aviation at the airport to receive my Nepali "Authorization". He simply chuckled when I asked him how many asses I would have to kiss. I had an audience with the Minister of Aviation and 6 or so of his honchos. I bet I was the ONLY pilot in the room. A dog and pony show, the likes of which I haven't seen since the military. Only took 10 days. The Nepalis tell me this was GOOD.

So, early tomorrow I go to Bhatakpur, or something like that. I expect that it will be VERY hot there. Katmandu is, I think @ 4400 ft MSL. B-pur is @ 800 ft MSL, I think. Probably 5 maybe 10 degrees hotter. No fun there!

I suppose I could bore you, the reader, with my many adventures around Katmandu. But I will not. I am really ready to leave.

I am uncertain of the connection possibilities in B-pur but I will update when I have something to say, as soon as I can.

Would someone please help me re the upload and sequencing of pictures when I am creating a New Post on this blog? I can upload OK but I can't figure out how to put the picture where I want it. It defaults to the top. Hence, only one photo at a time. Help me please!

No comments: