Saturday, June 27, 2009

More Pictures

Meet An Joo (L) and Neeta (R). These are the most gracious ladies who run the house. Don't mess with these girls! They live in a residence at the back of the house. They each have a young child about 5 years old who never seem to run out of energy or stop laughing. Bikrim, the husband of An Joo, has just returned from working overseas (not sure where) and has joined the crowd and now works for Shivani Air as one of the shuttle drivers. Neeta's husband is said to be working in some foreign country. This is common, I think.

A fast moving rain shower floods half the hangar. Funny story here. I beat this storm back from the training zone to the airport by not more than two minutes. Karl had gone to Simara to practice approaches down there. When asked why I was hanging around after, I said that I wanted to make sure Karl got back OK. They told me that they had called Simara tower and Karl was holding. I assumed due to WX. Meanwhile, Karl was being told that VNBP (Bharatpur) was closed due to an accident. He knew that Buddha and Yeti had no more flights so he assumed that it was me. Turned out that he never saw any WX and I had no accident??

These ladies are leaving the airport when we are arriving each morning. There is a crowd of about 10 or 12, normally. I am told that they are harvesting the free grass to feed their water buffalo and saving the airport the mowing costs. You can see that you don't want to mess with these girls either!

I was told today that there have been two sightings this week of COBRAs just a few feet beyond where these ladies are walking. When we preflight the a/c, we are walking in that grass, RIGHT THERE. No one but me thinks this is unusual. No more preflights for me!

This is our guard at the house guarding the garage where we keep the bikes. I have no idea what his name might be. He opens the gate when we come and go with a smart salute.


This is the fuel farm, located in the hangar. No smoking, please!


The airport entrance. You can't make this stuff up. The main herd of water buffalo had already gone by when I was finally able to get my camera out. Yes, that is a large water buffalo.

Below is another picture of An Joo and Neeta. An Joo (L) speaks not a word of English. Neeta knows a few key words, at best.

No comments: