Monday, June 1, 2009

Katmandu

I have arrived in Katmandu. The journey was long and tiring and I have nothing good to say about Indian and Nepali Customs and Security idiots nor the Indira Ghandi Airport in Delhi, where I spent considerable time hurrying up and waiting.

I was to obtain my Nepali pilot licences today but there is a general strike protesting whatever so everything is closed and nothing gets done. Nothing new there. You must come back tomorrow. My favorite phrase. At least the electricity is on, for now. No pictures but soon.

I will be settling in at the flight school in Bhataktpur on THU and will have more time then.

2 comments:

Lee said...

Hey, Jim: Just to let you know that Lee and I are following your experience with bated breaths! Especially pleased and excited to see a picture of our old friend '223'. Charlie

Lee said...

We live in interesting times. Charlie and I looked up Nepal and saw that they just voted out the monarchy a year ago. Perhaps things are going to be a bit rocky? Well, you aren't going to be bored. We look forward to reading more of your adventures